By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Elliot Institute’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Elliot Institute’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Elliot Institute at any time.
3. Permission to Reprint or Repost
- Many people and organizations have requested to reprint our articles or to share them with others on the Internet. We encourage this under the following conditions.
- First, check the copyright notice on the article.
- If the material is copyrighted by a third party, there will generally be contact information at the end of the article. Contact that party to request the right to reprint or repost the material.
- If the material is copyrighted by the Elliot Institute, or does not have an explicit copyright statement (meaning it has a presumed copyright assigned to the Elliot Institute), you may freely reprint the material only under the following conditions:
- You must provide an accurate notice of the source of the reprinted material. This may the book title from which it is excerpted, the issue and date of publication in The Post-Abortion Review, or as an excerpt from Hope and Healing, or if none of the above apply, simply identify it as a posting from www.afterabortion.org.
- You must include in the credit the name and address: Elliot Institute, PO Box 7348, Springfield, IL 62791-7348 and the notice “Additional material is posted at www.afterabortion.org”
- Finally, please send us a copy of the reprinted material if it is published in a hardcopy form such as in a newsletter or brochure.
- You must also make a donation to the Elliot Institute or becoming a subscriber to The Post-Abortion Review. If the material is worth anything to you, then please support our work in at least some small way.
The materials on Elliot Institute’s web site are provided “as is”. Elliot Institute makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Elliot Institute does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Elliot Institute or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Elliot Institute’s Internet site, even if Elliot Institute or a Elliot Institute authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Elliot Institute’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Elliot Institute does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Elliot Institute may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Elliot Institute does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Elliot Institute has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Elliot Institute of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
9. Copyright Grant
If you post any original material on this website, including comments, doing so constitutes a transferable, non-exclusive, perpetual grant to use your material, with or without attribution, in complete, partial, or edited form in any media in any country. Because it is a non-exclusive grant, you are free to use your material elsewhere but you cannot grant an exclusive right to anyone else without an exception allowing for us to continue to use the material.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Elliot Institute’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinios without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.